My Classroom! (Alright, alright, from last year!)

Hey friends!

So today was my first day of school with students and the official start of my fourth year! I felt wonderful waking up and beginning my day. I didn't have that nervous, worried, anxious, un-prepared feeling like previous years going into the first day (you guys know what I'm talking about!). Instead, I felt confident and excited! :) Idk... maybe it's the realization that after 3 years I must know something about what I'm doing lol. Anyway, it was a great day and I can tell that it's going to be an awesome year!


Now for my classroom: my plan was to take pictures of my classroom right before Meet the Teacher last Thursday - you know... when it's super cute and organized before new students and their siblings come in and destroy pick through things. However, a few tables in my classroom were taken out so that Kindergarten could borrow them. See, we got a new addition built on to our school and unfortunately the furniture for that wing hasn't come in yet. So the custodians had to go around collecting tables from all the rooms to furnish the K hallway. Which means, my room is not completely the way I want it and I don't want to take pics yet. 


INSTEAD.. I thought it would be nice to share pictures from my classroom last year (maybe it's not... idk lol). I'm in a new room this year, however, most of the decorations and bulletin boards are the same.


So this was my door back in August last year and my schedule board. The whole school is required to have their schedule displayed on this bulletin board. It's kind of a relief because it's one less bulletin board I have to plan for. My theme last year/this year is owls but I also have a lot of bright colors and polka dot patterns around the room.


Here is my teacher desk and a small view from behind it. The storage at my school is built into the room so there is no getting rid of my desks. I created the crayon name canvas one summer and the drawer labels for my teacher toolbox are a freebie in my TPT store and can be found here



I kept all of my leveled books for guided reading in the bookshelf above. Right next to the books shelf was my Owlstar bulletin board where I displayed student work. Below the board I stored any papers for the days lesson in the red file crate and student mailboxes were in the pink file crate. 


Outcome board and whole group meeting area.


This was my calendar board and Math Talk board. The NOISE letters were a classroom management tool used to control voice levels in my classroom. I forgot where I got the original idea from (somewhere on Pinterest) but it has been awesome! 



In front of that board was my listening center. Originally the table had all of the computers lined up horizontally but that was really difficult to squeeze 3 computers and 3 kids on. So this table was turned and so were the computers and it was very helpful in making sure everyone had their own personal space and wasn't distracted. Here is a view of my classroom library. I spent the summer prior to the start of that school year getting all of my books organized. It was dreadful but definitely worth it. 


Then came my listening center and my sink. As I told you, all the storage in my classroom is built in which I LOVE. I would keep sandwich/gallon bags, clorox/baby wipes, trash bags, hand sanitizer, tissues & arts and crafts supplies in these cabinets. 


And here is my bathroom and small group area. My school is lucky enough to have a bathroom in every. 

 
Oops! I almost forgot my writing center and word wall. Included is a horrible panoramic shot from my iPhone lol. 

Alright, enough of me being a Chatty Cathy. I hope to be able to have a post within the next week of my current classroom. Although the AC doesn't really work, it's much bigger and I love it! Time to get ready for the second day of school tomorrow :)  

No comments